Friday 29 July 2011

The beginning....


In the beginning I stayed away
Thinking that you needed time
Aware that it could all end
With a gentle feather of mine

In the beginning I let you pass
The desire to go through I did resist
At times presented a guarded self
Forced only at your insist

Every passing moment I could feel
That I was coming closer to you
Now was my time to open up
And start behaving more freely with you

Though every moment I was aware
The need to mix caution with dare
A moment’s slip even just one
And the hard work may be undone


Had at times some nervy moments
At the receiving end of a few comments
But we did nicely for a long time go
Though at times a little slow


For most part now it was smooth sailing
With hardly ever any thoughts of failing
But the good times truly have their meaning
In the restraint shown in the beginning.





No comments:

Post a Comment