Saturday 23 April 2011

introspection




i looked outside into the dark
and as i heard stray dogs bark
in my mind ran thoughts so deep
i was tired yet unable to sleep

was it cause i didnt want
or because i thought i can't
did i think the land was dry
or was i too scared just to try


sleepless in my bed as i lay
i ask myself whether i can say
on most occasions have done whats right
and never ran away from a fight

or am i that big pretender
before every battle who did surrender
stepping aside every crucial moment
only to later sit and lament

have i been lying to this day
to myself in every way
or is it just a passing thought
that this lonely night has brought

and as the morning dawns with the rise of the sun
and once again its time to run
i get with a hope that last night
helps me see things in a different light

No comments:

Post a Comment