Saturday 23 April 2011

walk on the roof


on the roof i often take a walk
sometimes in the moonlight,sometimes in the dark
being away from the daily grind
it really helps to clear my mind.

while roaming a definite pattern i follow
with tea in my hand or a swallow
look far away at the street lamp burning
and at the people from work returning.

think of the targets that have been achieved
of the words from my side well recieved
about the good work i have done
and of the hearts that i have won.

think of expectations not been met
of the low standards i have set
all the times i have been like dirt
and the people i have badly hurt.

think of the need for me to awaken
and of the actions that need to be taken
to try first, not afraid to go wrong
in the times of trouble try to be strong.

it is the time i choose to motivate
myself everyday to try an create
to have meaning in each comment
and add value to every moment.

i look up at the moonlight sky
and if it wants, to let my heart cry
later on so that i can bear
almost anything without a tear.

for me its a time to let it out
without having to talk or to shout
a little time alone helps me on other ocassions
to be in total control of my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment